Monday, October 11, 2010

Drummer Quits The Sword! All Tour Dates Canceled!

Improbably named drummer Trivett Wingo has just announced that he'squitting Austin, TX indie metal pioneers The Sword, forcing them tocancel all of their U.S. tour dates. The move, announced this afternoon,comes soon afterwards the set was constrained to scratch their European tour.The band, who just released their first album in two years, Warp Riders,plan to soldier on as a group, and claim the rent is "mutual andamicable," if not very well-timed.

"The spirit of a touring musician isn'tfor everyone," they say in their official statement, just shy ofmockingly. The band plans to re-schedule their turn as soon aspossible. Full statements from both Wingo and The Blade are below. "It is with deep sorrow that I am announcing my exit from TheSword. After nearly seven days and about of the most amazing adventuresof a lifetime, I have arrived at a spot where I am physically andemotionally unable to stay on as percentage of The Sword. If I could goany further, I would as I know the medicine and JD, Bryan and Kyle arepeople that I deeply respect, but I get reached a place where I justcan't do this anymore. I would wish to thank the wonderful people whomade this experience what it has been: the fans, the mass that I haveworked and all of the bands and musicians that have inspired me overthe years. I thank you and excuse for any disappointment that thismay cause anyone, not least of which The Sword." - Trivett WingoWe wish Trivett nothing but the best, and it is with heavy heartsthat we bid him farewell. He is a phenomenal musician and has been anintegral function of this band's success. He helped to lay the foundationthat we will proceed to make upon, and we wouldn't be where we arewithout him. We wish he could keep the risk with us, but weunderstand that the spirit of a touring musician is not for everyone.It's been a blaze of a ride, and we're sad to see this section of thejourney end. The show must go on, though, and leave be second on the roadas soon as humanly possible." - JD, Kyle & Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment