Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Stranger saves boy, 7, from savage pit bull

Stranger saves boy, 7, from savage pit bull: Youth worker burst into flat after hearing screamsPeter Dominiczak26 Jan 2011

A passer-by stormed into a plane to keep a terrified boy being torn asunder by a pit bull terrier.

Lawal Alhadi, 29, smashed through the front door and pulled the dog off seven-year-old Jack Wellstead, who was unconscious and smashed in blood.

The boy suffered severe head injuries and leave be scarred for life. The dog has been destroyed.

Mr Alhadi said today: "The order was a blood-bath - it was horrific." The pit bull attacked as Jack played with friends at a level in West Ham.

The Ranelagh primary school student was being mauled when Mr Alhadi heard him scream as he walked past in Napier Road on his way place to Stratford after visiting his grandmother. The youth worker said: "I whacked the dog so tough on its mind but he jumped on me and ripped my trousers apart. I eventually managed to catch hold of the boy but his injuries were terrible and he was unconscious. It was the worst thing I've always seen in my life."

Mr Alhadi, a founder of three, has had trouble sleeping since the attack. "I keep thinking that could have been one of my children," he said.

Police and ambulance crews arrived on the picture at 2.30pm on January 15. Jack was interpreted to the Royal London hospital in Whitechapel, where his skull was glued back in order and he received skin grafts. His mother,Victoria Devlin, 43, was too confused to talk nearly the attack.

Her partner Daniel James, 40, lives with Ms Devlin and Jack opposite the cube where he was attacked.

He said: "When I managed to get to Jack he was simply lying there crying. He was stressful to appear at his wounds and I had to continue trying to quit him. Lawal is the champion and deserves all the credit. If I was a millionaire I'd send him on vacation and pay his wages."

A man has been arrested and bailed pending further inquiries.

No comments:

Post a Comment